Felt Floral WreathBack to category
Felt Floral Wreath
Perfect for your door or as a centerpiece. Create fall flowers like dahlias and chrysanthemums from a few pieces of felt and add a bright, festive wreath that just "feels" right in any space.
Create your own, snap a picture, and share using #ACMooreInspired.
Want more crafty floral? Check out a few of our favorite DIY flower projects by clicking here.
- Time:1 hour
• Print and cut out the project template. Use it to create petals from the felt; for the big dahlia, use three bigger petals. For the small dahlia, use the smaller petals.
• Cut a 1 1/4'' circle our of felt. Trace and cut as many pieces as you'll need according to the size of your dahlia.
• Apply a little bit of hot glue to the bottom corner of petal and fold in halfway. Then, apply hot glue to the other corner and overlap. Repeat for every petal.
• Starting with the largest petal, attach them around the edge of the felt circle. Once filled in, begin a second layer.
• For a big mum, cut a 3'' strip of felt. For a small mum, cut a 2 1/4'' strip. Fold each piece in half and glue edges closed.
• To make the petals, make slits 1 1/4'' to 1 1/2'' apart along the folded edge (DO NOT cut all the way through).
• Apply hot glue to the base and roll. Continue to apply glue and roll to form a mum.
• Form clusters around the wreath with flowers and leaves.
• To fill in empty areas, attach leaves to any loose vines with hot glue.