Haunted Victorian Candy JarsBack to category
Haunted Victorian Candy Jars
Add a little fright to your candy jars this Halloween by topping them with some spooky skulls.
Create your own, snap a picture, and share using #ACMooreInspired.
Get more Halloween craft ideas by clicking here.
- Time:an hour + dry time
• Make the stands first; start by removing the candle cups from inside the candle holders with the pliers.
• Paint the candle holders and wood shapes with glossy Black paint and let dry.
• Apply Quick Grip around the top edge of each candle holder, turn upside down and center onto wood disc to attach.
• Cut a 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" piece of decorative cardstock for each jar. Make a label for your candy jars by writing their contents in pencil on the cardstock. Go over the pencil with an ultra fine Black marker and then bold each letter with a thicker fine point marker. You can also outline the edges of the labels.
• Apply distress ink in Walnut stain with blending tool, and then apply Mod Podge to the label with a sponge brush and attach onto each jar.
• Follow the directions on the spray paint to add color to the skulls and apply acrylic sealer to finish.
• When paint has dried, use Quick Grip to attach the skulls to the tops of the jars, and then attach the bottom of the jars to the stands.