Wilton Mostly Ghostly Halloween Ghost CakeBack to category
Wilton Mostly Ghostly Halloween Ghost Cake
Scary and sweet! Let this easy-to-make, ghostly apparition haunt your Halloween party this year.
Create your own, snap a picture, and share using #ACMooreInspired.
Click here for more information about the classes you can take at A.C. Moore to learn the Wilton Method of Cake Decorating. You can also find more Halloween baking projects by clicking here.
NOTE: Project time does not include this baking and cooling.
- Time:several hours
Make Layered Cake:
• Prepare the batter following recipe directions. Bake two 6" cake layers, and cool.
• Level one layer. Then, fill the layers with decorator icing and stack, positioning the layer with crown side on top, on cake circle.
• Set aside a small portion of white icing and tint it black. Leave aside for now. Use a spatula and white icing to mound icing, if needed, on top of cake and then to ice the rest of the cake.
• Blend the mound and the cake sides into each other to create the ghost shape.
• Cut a disposable decorating bag and, with tip 2A and white icing, pipe a pull-out ball for the arms.
• Cut another disposable decorating bag and, with tip 12 and black icing, outline and fill in the eyes and mouth. Pat with your finger, dipped in cornstarch, to smooth.