Wilton Slice and Bake Refrigerator CookiesBack to category
Wilton Slice and Bake Refrigerator Cookies
Here's the easiest holiday cookie you'll ever make! Just slice and bake whenever you want to start a party. Makes about three dozen cookies.
Bake your own, snap a picture, and share using #ACMooreInspired.
Find more cookie ideas clicking here.
- Time:about an hour
• In a bowl, beat 1 cup softened butter and 1 cup sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
• Beat in 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon Madagasar vanilla extract; mix well. Stir in 3 cups of flour; mix until blended. (If desired, now is the time to stir or knead an icing color into all or part of dough.)
• Divide dough into 2 pieces; roll each portion into logs, with about 2" diameters. Roll log in colored sugars or holiday sprinkles. Wrap with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
• Preheat oven to 375°F.
• Remove plastic wrap and cut each log into 1/4" thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
• Cool 2 to 3 minutes on cookie sheet on cooling grid. Remove from sheet and cool completely.